2022 Health Emphasis
Blood Donor Month – Why Give the Gift of Life?
Why Give the Gift of Life?
1. Blood is essential to life.
2. Sickle cell disease is an inherited blood disorder that primarily affects people of African descent.
3. A sickle cell patient must receive blood that is closely matched to prevent rejection.
4. The best match for a blood transfusion for a sickle cell patient is from an African American donor.
5. Each whole blood donation has the potential to save up to three lives.
"A Healthier You" – Lunch and Learn Series
Zoom in and join us during your lunch break, once a month, for informational sessions to promote a healthy lifestyle. Click here to join Zoom Meeting.
Meeting ID: 821 7615 3675
Covid-19 Vaccine Information
Click on the link below for the latest information from the NC Dept of Health and Human Services regarding the Covid-19 Vaccine