Hello FMBC Parents/Guardians and Children,
Warm wishes to you and your families on this New Year. May the new year bring along many smiles for you! May this year surprise you with the most beautiful times of your life with family and friends.
Along with the new year comes the celebration and remembrance of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. birthday. The following are important facts about Dr. King (1929-1968):
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr was a Civil Rights Leader.
- The son of an influential Atlanta Baptist Minister, Martin Luther King Sr.
- He became active in the civil-rights movement during the Montgomery bus boycott, which ended that city’s policy of segregated public transportation.
- His 1963 March on Washington, which attracted 250,000 people, was highlighted by his famous “I Have A Dream” speech.
- The next year, he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
- He was preparing to lead the Poor People’s March on Washington when he was assassinated, April 4, 1968.
- King is acknowledged as one of the great Americans; his birthday is a federal holiday.
How will you celebrate his birthday? Please send me an email and let me know how you plan to celebrate Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Be Blessed and Stay Safe,
Children’s Ministry Director
NEW: Additional Activities for the week
- Dr. Martin Luther King Coloring Page
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr Trivia Games: https://www.proprofs.com/quiz-school/topic/martin-luther-king-jr
- God Knows Everything Puzzle
- A Glorious Night
- Believe It
- So Much Love
- Give Thanks
- Sing Praise – Psalm 7:17
- Jesus Is My Light – Psalm 27:1
- Our Loving God – Psalm 145:9
- Call Upon Him – Isaiah 65:24
- Heavenly Treasures Crossword Puzzle
- Do You Believe
- Let Your Light Shine
- Online Coloring Pages for Kids
- What a Friend We Have in Jesus
- Sesame Street: Bruno Mars – Don’t Give Up
- Mum and Daughter singing “The Blood Will Never Lose It’s Power”
- 50 Countries Affected by COVID-19 Sing Amazing Grace
- New Video “Every Praise” by Hezekiah Walker
- “Father Abraham Had Many Sons” – Dance Along with Lyrics | Kids Worship (younger kids)
Songs for older children:
- Common, Andra Day Perform ‘Stand Up for Something, Rise Up’ with Cardinal Shehon School Choir
- Perfect People by The Walls Group
- 11 Year old Jayna sings “Take Me to the Water” by Tamela Mann
- The Voices of Trey Singing Just the Way You Are by Bruno Mars
- “Circle of Life” by Ndlovu Youth Choir
- “Everyday People” feat. Jack Johnson, Jason Mraz, Keb’ Mo’ | Turnaround Arts | Playing for Change (Older Kids)
- Mississippi Children’s Choir – “His Eye is on the Sparrow”
- Proclaim – Jesus Reigns Forever
- Playing for Change – What a Wonderful World
- Tawana Ross – It’s Not About Me
- 16 year old from England sings Glory…Showtime at the Apol
Books of The Bible Challenge
Can you memorize all 66 Books in The Bible? If so, Pastor Jones will reward each child that learns all 66 Books in the The Bible by the time we return to church. He will give a $10.00 cash reward. Are you up for the challenge?