Mission Blitz 500
Currently we have made specific plans for 3 dates to serve needs of families severely devastated by Hurricane Florence. Click Here to Volunteer.
November 30th – Eye clinic at the Middle District Association Building in Burgaw, NC. We are also working to provide professional counseling to help persons navigate through the FEMA process, financial lending process, and insurance consultations.
December 14th – Host “adopt-a-family” gifting services at Snow Hill Baptist Church in Ivanhoe, NC, Middle District Associational Building in Burgaw, NC, First Baptist Church in Kenansville, NC and the Baldwin Branch Baptist Church in Elizabethtown, NC. We are seeking to identify up to 25 families in each location who will be adopted by families at Friendship.
December 15th – Prayer service, cook out/tailgate and Spirit of Christmas events at each of the 4 locations listed above. The events would be held between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm and serve up to 500 individuals at each site. At the Spirit of Christmas event, we will distribute the generic, age appropriate gifts.
How Can You Help? We Need the Following:
- Your prayers!
- 10 Friendship volunteers at each site (40 total volunteers) to help distribute the adopt a family gifts on December 14th.
- 25 Friendship volunteers at each site (100 total volunteers) to help with the planned events on December 15th. Transportation will be provided by FMBC.
- Many Friendship volunteers who are willing to drive their truck or van to one of the 4 sites on December 14th to transport merchandise for the scheduled events.
- Many Friendship volunteers to “adopt a family or families”. A listing of the families for adoption along with their specific needs will be provided. The adopter(s) is/are encouraged to provide appropriate gifts to address the listed needs. Adopter(s) may be an individual, household, group of friends, ministry, etc.
- Many Friendship volunteers to wrap and prepare gift items
- We also need donations/contributions:
– Generic gifts that are wrapped and labeled as to gender and size.
– Gift cards
– Money/Money cards
– Gas cards
– Children’s toys!
Visit the information tables to sign up or Click Here to Volunteer. Questions, please contact Deacon Patrena Rice at 704-458-0714 or email@example.com.